Determine whether a health care organization should integrate additional best practices into its branding and marketing communication strategies.
In this assignment, you’ll assume the role of chief marketing officer at two recently merged hospitals. The merger requires you to develop a new branding strategy and a communications plan. Your assignment presentation will use healthcare marketing strategies and resources to help you describe your approach to both tasks.
You are the chief marketing officer at Pleasant Hills Hospital. Your hospital has merged with Southside Hospital, another facility in the same area of the city. As part of the merger, both hospitals agreed to give up their names and logos in favor of a new, revitalized brand identity.
Mr. London, your hospital CEO, has asked you to develop a marketing presentation for the board of directors. In that presentation, you will outline a new branding strategy and a communication plan for stakeholders, including patients.
Watch the media presentation,
Case Study: Revitalizing a BrandLinks to an external site.
You will develop a PowerPoint presentation with a minimum of 12 slides. The 12-slide minimum includes the title slide and Sources slide. Please note that the PowerPoint slides must include detailed speaker notes.
For more information on creating effective PowerPoint slides, please review this video:
Five Essentials for Designing Effective SlidesLinks to an external site.
For more information on using speaker notes, please review this video:
Use Speaker Notes in PowerPointLinks to an external site.
The PowerPoint slides should include the following information:
1. Describe the identity management plan that addresses logos, slogans, products, and a service’s name, signage, and jingles.
2. Evaluate how you will use the Red Ocean Strategy to compete with other hospitals in your geographic location.
3. Evaluate how you will use the Blue Ocean Strategy to create a new market space and to add value proposition.
4. Analyze communication strategies for advertising, digital marketing, and public relations using the DAGMAR Marketing Communication Spectrum.
5. Assess how you can apply Cleveland Clinic’s
H.E.A.R.T.Links to an external site. communication strategy to improve the patient experience.
6. Use five credible, relevant, and appropriate sources to support your writing. Cite each source listed on your source slide at least once within your assignment. Cite the sources using the Strayer Writing Standards format. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the
Your submitted presentation should also follow these formatting requirements:
Cover slide: Include a cover slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover slide is included in the required number of slides.
Sources slide: Include a Sources slide at the end of the presentation with five quality sources cited using the Strayer Writing Standards format.
Speaker notes: Detailed speaker notes should be included with each slide.
Clarity and conciseness: Use bullet points with a summary when needed. Presentation slides should be clear and concise about health services strategic marketing, using proper writing mechanics.
Visual elements: Use pictures, diagrams, and graphs where applicable to make your slides more appealing. Visit
PexelsLinks to an external site. for free stock photos and videos you may use in your presentation.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the
site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Determine whether a health care organization should integrate additional best practices into its branding and marketing communication strategies.